Busy private liquor store in North Vancouver is looking to fill a shift supervisor position for the summer time and beyond. The successful applicant will have an energetic, outgoing and friendly personality with knowledge of wine, beer and spirits and at least two years of industry experience either in a government liquor store, private liquor store or wine specialty store setting.
To succeed at this job you must be able to/have:
• Lift at least 50 pounds;
• Serving-it-right Certificate, or ability to get it;
• Self-motivating personality;
• Great inter-personal skills/Customer service skills;
• Interest in liquor including wine, beer or sprits;
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends;
• Must have cash handling experience;
• Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word;
• Must be bondable;
• At least WSET level 1 or an equivalent;
• Experience with Barnet POS is a plus.
This is a full-time job with 36 – 40 hours a week and ideal for someone that likes a challenging but very rewarding work environment that offers great opportunities to continue to grow and learn within the BC liquor industry. The position will start with one full month of training before taking over all aspects of the job. This job has the potential to open up the opportunity at a Managerial position at this or another location.